Sunday, September 28, 2008

Free topic week

For this week, the blog topic may involve business writing or a current event, etc. I decided to talk about the topic I chose for my in class presentation. I decided to make a powerpoint, and talk about CCA. CCA means Concerned Citizens for Animals. It is a non-profit, local organization that helps animals, and educates the Upstate about their humane treatment. I learned about CCA through my vet. I told them I had found a stray kitten, and needed to get her shots, and fixed. In return, they informed me about CCA. After I got off the phone, I went to their website and got all the information I needed to get Lola taken care of. CCA made having a pet in college affordable, so I thought it would be a great idea to inform the class especially since the majority of us live off campus as well. Therefore my powerpoint presentation is going to inform the class about the CCA, what it is, what it does for animals, and what it can do for us. My handout is going to be a small flyer to help advertise one of CCA's annual fundraising events. CCA always needs help with fundraising, advertising, volunteering, etc. So I thought it might be good to make my handout a flyer advertising "Bark in the Park" at Greenville Tech on October 25. My hope was that the flyer might try and help CCA in fundraising.

No comments: