Sunday, September 21, 2008

Cover letters

The advice on this website given about cover letters is very helpful. I definitely agree with the advice given. After reading the different pages of advice on cover letters, I thought I had a much better understanding on exactly what I should write when time to write my cover letter for the mock interview. The section of tutorial that was most useful for me was the "Best Use of a Cover Letter". This section explained what a cover letter is, and described the certain things a cover letter hold. It defines the two important points a cover letter should have. Point number one is what the product can do for the customer, or company. Point number two is what your customer will need to do to buy your product. Another great thing the "Best Use of a Cover Letter" explains is the basic formula of a cover letter. This was something I was not aware of, and definitely plan to use when I write my cover letter for the mock interview. The basic formula consists of a standard business letter address format, next the salutation, then the first, second, and third paragraphs to make up a cover letter.

No comments: